Thursday, September 23, 2010

When Sonakshi upset the Dutts and Ameesha Patel


Recently, Ameesha Patel organized and played the perfect host to the baby shower ceremony of the Dutts — Sanjay and Maanayata. However, when most of the Bollywood biggies were polite enough to either accept the invitation or gave up their reason for not attending the function, (Aishwarya was out of the town and Kirron Kher was down with conjunctivitis),
that Punam Sinha and her daughter Sonakshi didn’t care to respond to their invite for the event. When Ameesha called up, Punam didn’t pick up the call and later she did not reply to their messages nor did she inform them that she and Sonakshi would not be attending the event as Sonakshi would be in Norway promoting Dabangg with Salman on September 13.

Punam, on the other hand, is not ready to take up the blame as she cites her reasons for not replying. She said, “So what if I couldn’t call or message back? My sister, a cancer patient for eight years, suddenly had to be admitted to hospital last week. She is my priority. I couldn’t even attend Sonakshi’s Dabangg events.

I have been in the hospital for the last few days and it’s impossible to even think of calling or messaging people from there. I have far more important stuff going on in my life. Please understand my frame of mind and what I am going through. Even now I am sitting with my sister at home after she was discharged a day ago.

Sanju and Maana are very close to us and will always be. I hope they understand my situation…”

Hmmm…. We see a valid excuse here and hope the Dutts do not take it to their heart with the Sinhas….