Saturday, October 16, 2010

Kareena Kapoor and her bonding with bikes

Kareena Kapoor stole her fans’ hearts with her scooter in the Rajkumar Hirani’s ‘3 Idiots’ and now the babe has been signed as the brand ambassador for Mahindra’s new two wheeler- ‘PowerScooter’. Talking about this, Bebo said that, “My experience with Mahindra scooter dates back to two years ago, when I rode a Mahindra ‘PowerScooter’ in 3 Idiots. I am delighted to be working with them.”
The commercial will be directed by Pradeep Sarkar and the styling will be done by Bebo’s favourite designer Manish Malhotra. The ad will be shot on a busy street in Mumbai. The first campaign will be for the Mahindra Rodeo, a scooter aimed at girls, about which she said “Rodeo is a youthful, fun and fresh brand. It has the right mix of style and power.”

Aamir Khan will be doing the ad for the same brand for men. “It’s the same brand I rode in 3 Idiots, and it is aimed at girls. The concept is light, young and fresh for college- goers. Aamir will shoot for the scooters for men. I love scooterettes and bikes. I used to ride them in Goa during my Golmaal 3 shoot, but I can’t do that here in Mumbai,” Bebo added further.

Talking about Kareena and her biking in ‘Golmaal 3’, director Rohit Shetty says, “Kareena plays a tomboy in G3. She rides a bike in the film and had to be trained for that. We had to give her a lot of free space as she loves to ride fast. The funny thing was I had to ride on the bike with her to take shots as I was holding the camera. It was risky but fun!”