Saturday, October 16, 2010

Rani Mukherjee to find solace in Bengali cinema?

There is no doubt about the fact that with the failure of Rani Mukherjee’s ‘Dil Bole Hadippa’, her career in Bollywood shows no more hope now.
So, the actress now seems to have taken a turn to Bengali cinema. And if things go in a stride, ‘Africa’ by two-time National Award winning director Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury may be Rani Mukherjee’s debut in Bengali cinema. Rani has done only one Bengali film as yet, ‘Biyer Phool’ with a cameo. Rani will play the lead in this heroine-oriented flick.

Chowdhury confirmed, “Yes, I did meet Rani. We’ve had discussions but nothing has been finalised. I am still working on the script. It’s too premature to talk about it. She is one of my favourite actresses! I would like to work with her.”

Aniruddha added, “I plan on starting my Bengali film first and then the Hindi one next year. I am working on three scripts, two by noted Bengali novelist Sunil Gangopadhyaya. Sunil’s works include Dui Nari Haate Torowari and Ajaana Desh while Africa is my story. I will be visiting Mumbai in the next few days to finalise preparations for my Hindi film.”