Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sukhwinder sings for SRK

Playback singer Sukhwinder Singh has recorded a song that'll be lip-synced by Shah Rukh Khan in Ra.One. This is Singh's third song for Khan, after hits Chaiyya chaiyya from Dil Se and Haule haule from Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.

Would this song hit high notes, too? "I'm not an astrologer, so I can't predict that. With my experience as a playback singer, I know that this song, like the previous two, matches Shah Rukh's personality and might become synonymous with Ra.One," asserts Singh.

The song is composed by South stalwart Ilayaraja. "It's the first time in my career that I recorded a song for nine hours, non-stop. The song sounds fresh and different from the work I've done lately," he adds. Singh had also recorded the title track for Chak De! India, which featured Shah Rukh, but he didn't lip-sync it.

The playback singer is not disappointed about it, though. "The song was filmed in such a way that it still had Shah Rukh's energy," he explains