Saturday, August 28, 2010

Rakhi Sawant to solve social issues on ‘Rakhi Ka Insaaf’


It seems that reality shows have gone down well with drama queen Rakhi Sawant. After ‘Big Boss’, ‘Rakhi Ka Swayamvar’, ‘Zara Nachke Dikha’, ‘Pati, Patni Aur Who’, ‘Desi Girl’ and ‘Raaz Pichle Janam Ka’, she is ready with yet another reality show, this time with a difference thought.
The show conceptualized by Imagine TV will be dealing with social issues, with out any legal involvements in it. Murder, robbery, drugs or extra-marital affairs — whatever the problems, item girl Rakhi Sawant - who has a knack for getting into controversies - will now be seen solving problems on ‘Rakhi Ka Insaaf’.

Talking about the show and on choosing Rakhi Sawant to be an integral part of it, the producer of the show Moti Sagar says, “I always wanted a girl to be a part of this show, one who has faced the problems in reality. In my opinion, who has been through hard time, is the one who can do justice to the people who come on the show, and nobody fits the bill perfectly other than Rakhi.”

Rakhi commented, “Even though no one takes me seriously regarding my passion for social work, but through this show, people will get a chance to know me. I will only support the truth, be it a girl or boy, I will make sure my judgments are unbiased. Whatever decisions will be made, will be ‘dil se’( from heart), just as the title of the show says ‘Rakhi Ka Insaaf… Dil se’.

‘The moment I was offered this show, I was extremely excited. I was told it is nothing like what I have done before. I always wanted a show where I could come face-to-face with aam janta (common man). This show will help me in solving their problems in my unique style,’ she said adding, “Mujhe kanooni daav pech nahi aate (I don’t know legal terminology) but I know how to think from my heart. I will not provide any legal assistance to anyone, but I will listen to their problems and give the best solution that I can.”

The big mouthed Rakhi even compares her show to Kiran Bedi’s ‘Aap Ki Kachehri’ on Star Plus. ‘I respect Kiran Bediji a lot, so please don’t compare my show with her’s. I have no knowledge about legal procedures. This show is like my social service,’ she said.