Monday, July 26, 2010

I would like to work with Ranbir: Deepika

Deepika Padukone
If Deepika Padukone is smiling a lot more these days and exuding a new confidence, it can be attributed to her last hit Housefull. But the model-turned-actress did not have it easy. She made a humble beginning in a Himesh Reshammiya video and got noticed by Farah Khan, who cast her in Om Shanti Om. But it was post Love Aaj Kal, believes the dusky actress, that she felt a growth in her career graph.

“Aditya Chopra saw me in that and decided to cast me in Lafangey Parindey,” she says, adding that her role as Pinky Palkar in Pradeep Sarkar’s latest film is her most challenging one till now. “Playing a blind girl, who’s a dancer on skates wasn’t easy. I used to shoot a particular scene with my eyes closed and then re-shoot with my eyes open,” she reveals.

It’s not just a great role that Deepika has acquired with this film, she’s formed a new dosti as well. Yes, her co-star Neil Nitin Mukesh and Deepika are the latest buddies in town and the actress is all praises for him. “Neil has been the most supportive and encouraging co-star so far,” she says and adds, “He’s been there for me personally as well. I’ve made a friend for life.” Speaking of new friendships, we couldn’t help but ask the pretty gal about her ‘old’ friendships — Ranbir Kapoor for instance, is she doing any film with him? “Not yet, but I would like to,” she says, without batting an eyelid.

And on her wish-list is also a film with Salman Khan. That’s because, she clarifies, she hasn’t signed any film with the superstar till now. “Those were just rumours. But I’m looking forward to the day I work with him,” says the leggy lass. We’re sure Sallubhai is too!