Saturday, May 29, 2010

Noureen DeWulf is very Indian at heart and would love to do Bollywood films

She is a perky Pune girl. This Urdu, Gujarati, English speaking Muslim girl has made it big in Hollywood at just 26. Talking about Noureen DeWulf, the Indian girl has managed to bag in roles with the cream of Hollywood such as Jennifer Lopez (’The Back Up Plan’), Mathew McConaughey (’Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past’) and Ving Rhames (’Mission Impossible’ series), besides a clutch of other notable films.
She was chosen by an American magazine as “one of the most desirable women on the planet” and has featured in Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 list.
However, she has expressed her desire to work in Bollywood and also to work with Rekha. “I love Bollywood. I grew up watching Bollywood films like Sita Aur Geeta, Satyam Shivam Sundaram, Coolie and so many. There is a lot of talent there and if an opportunity is there and presented in a right format, I’d love to do a Bollywood film,” she said adding, “I’d love to work with Rekha. I like her. She is so beautiful and she is a great actress. I love (her) Silsila a lot… I’ve watched it so many times.”
Noureen is all said to essay the role of a Muslim character in her forthcoming biggie flick: ‘The Taqwacores’ based on the best selling book by Michael Muhammad Knight.
Noureen said in a tabloid chat, “I may look very American, but am very Indian at heart. The competition is unimaginable. I really don’t know I’ve gotten so far and it’s a mystery to me. I’m planning to come down to India and if there’s a good Bollywood film going for me, I’d like to do it. It’ll be like going back to my roots.”