Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hrithik Roshan makes his singing debut with ‘Kites’


Hrithik Roshan’s fans have yet another reason to wait his mega project ‘Kites’ as the actor makes his singing debut with the film. As such, the music of the film is being launched on 40 television channels by airing Hrithik’s debut song ‘Kites in the sky’, in English, along with some behind-the-scenes footage on 29th March at 9.30 p.m.
Talking about his feelings as a debutant singer, Hrithik said, “I was nervous to make my debut as a singer, considering I come from a family that is well known in the world of music, but for this very reason my chacha [Rajesh Roshan] and director Anurag Basu were most certain that I could sing. I have given this song my best and honest shot, but I still don’t consider myself a professional singer.”
“Early in the morning, I would start with my sa re ga ma… right from the time I would wake up to brushing my teeth to taking the shower, all the time I sang with hand movements trying to reach the highest scale and the lowest note,” he added.
Talking about his experience of recording the song he said, “I had fallen in love with the art of shutting your eyes from the world and going in meditative state where you just sing. But when I went to the studio, it was a totally different story.
They put you in this little compartment and you are not allowed to move because the mike is fixed. While practicing I had been so mobile. And now I was locked up in one place where I couldn’t even move my legs because the breath shifts in different direction.
Finally, I told them to just switch off all the lights of the studio because I wasn’t being able to get my best out. So they just blacked out the entire studio. I could not even see my mike because it was so dark. This blackout worked and helped me to come out of the inhibitions in the mind. That’s how I finally worked.”