Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Priyanka Chopra Escapes Brazilian Admirer’s Excessive Attention

Priyanka Chopra had a close shave with some overt amorous attention in Rio de Janeiro where she has just packed up shooting for a reality show. Brazilian guys are known to be extravagant in their affection, specially for Oriental women. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Bipasha Basu who shot in Rio de Janeiro for Dhoom 2 before Priyanka would
vouch for Brazilian man-power. But the guy who pursued Priyanka in Rio took amorous attention to another level.

A hot-blooded gentleman, a local well-to-do businessman apparently of substantial good looks, he insisted on trailing her everywhere with his marriage proposals.

Boarding her flight for a 25-hours journey back to Mumbai on Wednesday morning Priyanka peeped anxiously from her aircraft to see if the Brazilian suitor was following her to India.

“Brazilian men turned out to be a little too upfront for me. They don’t waste time in making their moves. This guy didn’t ask me out. He asked me to marry him right away. I don’t think I am interested in marrying any foreigners. Only an Indian guy for me, thanks,” says the actress who has been wooed by foreigners earlier (e.g. Gerard Butler) though not with the same intense focus as this Brazilian guy who just wouldn’t take no for an answer.

One reason why she got so much male attention from the locals was her look. “I was bronzed and tanned and dressed rather Brazilian. Maybe they mistook me for a local girl.”

Exhausted, Priyanka was in no mood to get jetlagged on her flight back to Mumbai. “The minute I land I start promoting my new film Anjaana Anjaani and then after a fortnight I head to Berlin for shooting Farhan Akhtar’s Don 2. Where’s the time to get exhausted? I don’t even have time to spend with my family. I missed them in Rio. I am going to sleep the minute the plane takes off,” Priyanka promised.

Looking back on the experience of hosting Fear Factor Priyanka said, “I was determined I’d be stern, authoritative and in-charge. Nobody should think I should be soft because I am a woman. At the risk of offending the contestants I was at my bullying best.”

Priyanka regrets not finding time to spend with the contestants. “They were all chilled out. There was just time to shoot the stunts. I has just one day off in Rio when I just went and de-stressed on the beach. For the rest, no rest. I got no time to shop and bought the famous Brazilian Hawaiian slippers only on the airport.”

She got along well with all the contestants. But confesses to a soft sopt for Manjot Sinhh. “I nicknamed him Komal Khiladi. And the most heartstopping moment of a stunt gone too far was when Navjot fainted in the freezing water.”