Saturday, September 18, 2010

More of Salman-Sonakshi chemistry to hit the screens

There is no denying the fact that the success of ‘Dabangg’ has made Salman-Sonakshi the most sought after pair of Bollywood. Even the producer Sajid Nadiadwala was so impressed by their chemistry that he drove down to the Sinhas’ bungalow to sign Sonakshi opposite Salman in the Hindi remake of the Tamil blockbuster ‘Kick’ which
will be made under the direction of Shirish Kunder and will go on floors this winter.

Confirming the news, Sajid Nadiadwala says, “It was Salman who was very keen that I sign Sonakshi opposite him in Kick. I became a hundred percent sure of her after I saw her in Dabangg. She and Salman make a great pair.

I am very happy to be working with Shatruji’s daughter. He has worked extensively for my banner. In fact I’ve a picture at home with Shatruji when he was shooting for our banner in Bhai Ho To Aisa. I was 6 at that time.”

Says Sajid emotionally, “This is the first time I’ve gone to someone’s house to sign an actor. Everyone comes to my office. But Sonakshi is Shatrughan Sinhaji’s daughter.”

Shatughan Sinha, too, shares his respect for Sajid saying, “I told Sonakshi that I’ve worked wth Sajid’s grandfather and father. Now it’s her turn to continue the tradition. God willing my sons too will work with Sajid.”

Incidentally this is Sonakshi’s third film with Salman. She is already doing the sequel to Dabangg with the star.