Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Its official, Salman Khan will host Bigg Boss 4

Salman khan at Partner - Special Screening
First it was Shahrukh Khan and then Akshay Kumar. Till yesterday, sword of confusion was hanging upon as who will judge the reality show, ‘Bigg Boss 4’ and now the final decision has come. It was officially announced that Salman Khan will host the fourth season of ‘Bigg Boss’. The channel has roped in Salman Khan to challenge Amitabh Bachchan who is going to host ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati 4’ on Sony Entertainment television.

The last season of ‘Bigg Boss’ was hosted by Amitabh Bachchan and he has garnered huge popularity but Colors has the strategy of not repeating their host. Khan speaks out, “I don’t really care about TRPs. I just like connecting with my audience, which is why I’m doing more of television.’’ The actor goes on to say that he’d love to do more television to reach out to his fans. “For me, television is a way of returning the love and affection that I have got from the audience for the past 22 years. Now they get to see me in the comfort of their homes, and that too for free”.

Unlike Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan will not be friendly with the contestants. He will have an altogether different approach. Speaking about comparison with Big B, Sallu said, “He had his style and I have mine. Besides, Mr Bachchan is going to host another show in a different format. All these comparisons are nowhere in my mind.’’ When asked as how would he deal with the contestants, “I’m very straight-forward and won’t tolerate hypocrisy or politics in the house. For those who play clean, I’ll be a friend. But those who don’t, can expect the worst,’’ he said in all seriousness.

Anyone in particular he’d like to see in the house? “Myself, because I get along well with ‘inmates’ and am speaking from experience,’’ he joked. “But on a serious note, I watched the last season while shooting for Wanted and loved to see Vindhoo crying. I’ve also seen the season where Rakhiji (Sawant) was featured.’’

Both Salman Khan and Amitabh Bachchan are hot favorite among the audiences and can be best called, its Salman Vs Big B.