Thursday, August 19, 2010

The grand music launch of ‘Robot’ with the best of Bollywood biggies

The much-awaited big budgeted film ‘Robot’ marked its music launch at a suburban five star in Mumbai with the honor of having two superstars of the Indian film industry - Amitabh Bachchan and Rajnikant sharing the dais after a long long time.  [More Pics]
The two iconic stars were all praises for each other. Rajnikanth said, ‘Amitabh is my inspiration, role model and guru. I have always valued his advice while taking important decisions. We have done so many films together like ANDHA KANOON, HUM, GIRAFTAR, and I can never forget the love, affection and care he showered on me’

A humble Big B too praised Rajni saying, ‘Rajnikanth is truly a son-of-the soil who is admired and loved by every Indian. I am just so honored and happy that I met a personality like Rajnikanth. And I am so happy that I was able to spend some time of my life with him and learn so much from him. His simplicity, honesty, and down-to-the-earth nature has always impressed me. I admire him because of his tender heart and humility. He is so grounded despite the adulation and fame he has enjoyed throughout his career.’

‘Many a times there were some very tough decisions to be taken, at that point I always remembered him as a colleague and a very dear friend and tried to think what Rajni would have done if he had been in this particular situation and I’ve always found a capable answer, despite of the tumult circumstances & stressful situations,’ he further added.

The gathering could not have asked for more with the entire Bachchan family - Amitabh, Jaya, Abhishek and Aishwarya, Media magnate & Producer Kalanithi Maran of Sun TV Network, Hansraj Saxena, COO, of Sun Pictures (a division of Sun TV Network) along with the lead cast & crew of the film consisting of Superstar Rajnikanth, Oscar winners - music maestro A R Rahman & sound engineer Resul Pookutty, Music moghuls Ganesh Jain, Ratan Jain, Champak Jain of Venus Records & Tapes, director Shankar, Sabu Cyril, legendary Danny Denzongpa, gracing the affair.

Aishwraya Rai Bachchan, looking as gracious as ever said, ‘ROBOT (ENDHIRAN) is a sincere effort. It is a landmark film in cinematic experience. Rajni sir is a legend. He is just an incredible artist, so dedicated, so committed and above all a wonderful human being. It’s truly humbling to be working with such a phenomena and I am grateful. I had the privilege of working with director Shankar very early in my career for the film JEANS. Though it was ahead of its time but I felt enriched as an artist.’